The following information will help you prepare your end of year Giving Statements.
First, make sure you have things set up correctly in Settings.
- To access Settings, click on your username in the upper blue bar and select Settings from the drop down list. (If you do not see Settings in the drop down list, contact your System Administrator to give you access.)
- Click on the Giving tab. Set your Current Year Begin date to January 1st of the year you are completing. Set your Current Year End date to December 31st of the year you are completing. Click the Save button. It will take approximately 10 minutes to update your Donor records. These dates are used to calculate the YTD (Year To Date) total for each Donor. NOTE: If the dates are ALREADY SET to the year just completed, you do NOT have to change anything or click "Save".
- Click on the Report Message tab. Update the message as needed. This is designed to be a small note (paragraph or two) since there will not be much room on the Giving Statements of Donors who had multiple Contributions during the year.
Now, let's create your list of Donors who made Contributions in the year you are completing. The example below shows how to create a list of Donors who contributed $250 or more during the year 2018. You can change the amount and year to meet the needs of your organization.
- Click on Donors in the upper blue bar.
- Click on List in the left sidebar.
- Click the orange "Clear Search" button (upper right hand corner).
- Click the "Adv. Search" button.
- On the Giving tab use the Gift Sum Date Between 1/1/2018 and 12/31/2018 (assuming 2018 is the year you want to produce the report for) and Gift Sum Amount Between 250 and 999999 fields.
- Click Search (notice the Total in the bottom right corner has changed).
Now use this list you just created of all Donors who gave $250 or more in 2018 to limit one of the Giving Statement reports to ONLY the Donors in your list:
- Click on Reports in the upper blue bar.
- Enter Giving in the Search box.
- Select a Giving Statement report.
- Enter dates in the Start Date and End Date fields.
- Check the "No Solicit" box since this not a solicitation.
- Check any other boxes as desired.
- Check "Advance Search Results" in the box on the right and select Donors in the field below. (This ensures that a Giving Statement report is only created for those Donors in the Advance Search list you created above.)
- Click the Run button.
The Giving Statement report is designed to be used in a single window #10 envelope. If you are using a different envelope and need to print labels, use the "Giving Statements Labels 5160" report to create labels. They will be in the same sort order if you check the "Sort By Zip" box on the Giving Statement report.